Garage doors are supposed to provide a smooth and quiet operation when opening and closing. However, over time, they may start to make a variety of loud, annoying, and sometimes alarming noises. Noisy garage doors not only disrupt the peace and quiet of your home but may also be a sign of underlying problems that can lead to costly repairs if not addressed promptly. In this blog post, we will discuss the causes and solutions for noisy garage doors and how Local Pro Garage Door and Gate Repair can help.
Causes of Noisy Garage Doors
- Worn Out Rollers: Rollers are the small wheels that guide the garage door up and down the tracks. Over time, they can wear out, become misaligned or rusty, which can cause loud grinding or squeaking noises.
- Loose Hardware: The constant movement of the garage door can cause the hardware such as bolts, screws, nuts, and hinges to loosen over time, resulting in rattling, banging or clunking sounds.
- Damaged Springs: Garage door springs support the weight of the door and make it easier to open and close. When they are worn out or damaged, they can create a loud popping or banging noise when the door moves.
- Poor Lubrication: Regular lubrication is essential for the smooth and quiet operation of the garage door. However, when the moving parts of the door are not adequately lubricated, they can create loud screeching, grinding, or squeaking noises.
- Dented or Misaligned Tracks: If the tracks that guide the garage door up and down are dented, bent, or misaligned, they can cause the rollers to move roughly and create loud noises.
Solutions for Noisy Garage Doors
- Tighten Loose Hardware: A simple solution to noisy garage doors is to tighten any loose hardware, including nuts, bolts, and screws.
- Replace Worn Out Rollers: If the garage door rollers are worn out, rusty, or misaligned, replacing them with new ones can restore the quiet and smooth operation of the door.
- Replace Damaged Springs: Worn out or damaged garage door springs need to be replaced as they can cause loud banging or popping noises when the door moves.
- Lubricate Moving Parts: Regular lubrication of the garage door’s moving parts can prevent the buildup of rust and friction that can cause loud noises.
- Align or Replace Tracks: If the tracks are bent or misaligned, a professional garage door repair technician can realign or replace them to ensure the smooth and quiet operation of the garage door.
How Local Pro Garage Door and Gate Repair Can Help
Noisy garage doors can be a sign of underlying problems that require the expertise of a professional garage door repair company, such as Local Pro Garage Door and Gate Repair. Our team of highly trained technicians can diagnose the cause of the noise and provide the most effective solutions to restore the smooth and quiet operation of your garage door. We use high-quality replacement parts and lubricants to ensure that your garage door is functioning correctly and safely.
Noisy garage doors are not only annoying but also a sign of underlying problems that can lead to costly repairs if left unaddressed. By identifying the cause of the noise and implementing the appropriate solution, a professional garage door repair technician can restore the smooth and quiet operation of your garage door. Local Pro Garage Door and Gate Repair can provide you with comprehensive garage door repair services, including fixing noisy garage doors. Call us today at 888-5984838 to schedule an appointment and get started on restoring the peace and quiet of your home.